The Drugs Don’t Work (DDW) Program is a great program to get involved in. DDW provides you the education tools that will help you obtain and remain compliant with the requirements set by the Worker’s Compensation Board.

The annual fee ($50 for Gwinnett Chamber Members; 125 for Non Gwinnett Chamber Members) – to the Chamber provide you with everything listed below:

  • One-year subscription to the English version “Drug-free® Workplace” Employee training newsletter provided by The Council On Alcohol & Drugs. This monthly newsletter meets productivity while employees stop work to attend training.
  • Access to training videotape or DVD. Also meets training requirement.
  • Fill-in-the-blanks substance abuse policy. Meets all requirements of Georgia Law.
  • Free Legal advice from The Council On Alcohol & Drug’s drug free workplace attorney.
  • Step-by-step guide and instruction sheet for completing Application for Drug Free Workplace Certificate from State Board of Worker’s Compensation
  • Quarterly training seminars held at the Gwinnett Chamber (this is wonderful for supervisors to attend)

By attaching the newsletters to the paychecks of each employee/supervisor every month you will meet the continuing education requirements necessary to be called a drug free workplace-without the loss time often accrued when you have to stop worker production for seminars. (Keep a copy of the newsletters on file for verification in case the needs arises)

Additional Information:
Educational credits are what we help you obtain but a company must also conduct the following —
Step One: Your company must have a substance abuse policy. (the chamber can provide an example if necessary)
Step Two: Your company must conduct drug testing. (Pre-hire, Post-accident, Reasonable suspicion)
Step Three: Your company must conduct one hour of employee education each year (Newsletters satisfy this)
Step Four: your company must conduct two hours of supervisor training each year. (Newsletter + quarterly chamber meetings or video)
Step Five: Your company must EITHER have an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) or, a referral list of treatment and counseling centers in your area. (The Chamber can provide you with this list if necessary)

You may also go to for more information or to register as a DDW member.